Sunday 7 November 2010

Effects in LightZone

I use Apple's Aperture for processing almost all my images, but I own Pixelmator and LightZone.  I've just checked to see if Pixelmator will open my .CR2 files from the new G12, but no luck.  However, LightZone will show them in the browser window, at least.

But when I open the full file I get wacky colours, as if a slide had been cross-processed in negative film chemicals; it looks interesting, but unpredictable.

So, still with LightZone, I opened the .JPG file of the same image (I'm shooting RAW with JPG while I wait for the RAW files to be readable with proprietary applications like Aperture) and used a bit of mono conversion and Palladian Gold tint; this is how it turned out, and I like it.

3shoes

The Lodge on Croxton Park

No comments: